45th Deluxe Anniversary Supergrade
To order the 45th Deluxe Anniversary Supergrade, contact a dealer below.
To commemorate Wilson Combat’s 45th Anniversary of gunsmithing, we are bringing back a classic “retro” style that built the foundation of our business back in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Custom 1911 handguns of that period were rapidly evolving based on the needs of practical pistol shooters and Wilson Combat emerged as a leader in 1911 handgun customization by focusing on performing superior quality work at a fair price with a reasonable delivery time-those core values still drive our business today.
The 45th Anniversary 1911 handguns that we are building are very limited in nature and truly exceptional in cosmetics and quality. We have chosen to revert back to some of the classic custom touches we were known for like an upswept, retro grip safety, traditional Bo-Mar adjustable rear sight with a staked front, a retro Commander style hammer, Swenson-style ambidextrous thumb safety, and a coarsely serrated slide top serrations reminiscent of the finest bespoke guns available to shooters at the time.
We are offering two distinct models. The first is a Deluxe version, limited to the first 45 serialized pieces with hand-cut engraving by the acclaimed Wayne D’Angelo in a classic scroll pattern. The Deluxe model will also have hand-fitted Bar-Sto National Match barrels like most of our early guns. After engraving, the slides will be finished in hand-polished, deluxe bluing, while the frames and small parts will be finished in a
protective and attractive matte silver hard chrome. This classic, two-tone finish combination was popular on our best available guns in the early days of “combat shooting” and many early Wilson Combat pistols were finished in this fashion.
The special grips for both models are handcrafted, premium desert ironwood with a smooth finish that shows off its amazing grain.
Timeless style combined with limited production and impeccable quality ensure that both of the 45th Anniversary editions will be instant collectibles and highly sought after for generations to come.
- Available Calibers: .45 ACP
- Magazine Capacity: 7 rounds
- Barrel Length: 5”
- Overall Length: 8.7”
- Sight Radius: 6.6”
- Height: 5.6”
- Width: 1.3”
- Weight Empty: 40.7 oz
- Weight Loaded: 46.6 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1” at 25 yds
Prices and Specifications Subject to Change without Notice; Firearms will be Invoiced at Prevailing Prices at Time of Delivery.
* Weights shown are close approximations. Due to slight variations in all parts and/or custom option deviations, we cannot guarantee the weight to be 100% specific on any firearm.
- Full-Size Carbon Steel Frame with Hard Chrome Finish
- 30 LPI Checkered Frontstrap
- Contoured Magazine Well
- Retro Bullet Proof® Beavertail Grip Safety
- Retro Commander Hammer
- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety #192
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Long Length Pad (Three Hole)
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Desert Ironwood, Beveled Bottom, Grips
- 5” Carbon Steel Slide with Polished Sides of Slide and Wilson Combat Deluxe Blue Finish
- Bo-Mar Style Rear Sight with Black Serrated Front Sight
- Full-Length Guide Rod
- 5” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing, Hand Fit
- Rear Forward Angled Cocking Serrations
- Course Slide Top Serrations
- Hand-Engraved by Wayne D’Angelo
- Deluxe Walnut Presentation Case / Certificate of Authenticity
Special Serial Number WC45-0001 – 0045
*No Custom Options Available*
LEARN ABOUT YOUR 1911
Free access to all owner's manuals can be found in the information tab located in the navigation menu above.