1911 Custom Work
Wilson Combat has been performing World Class Custom Gunsmithing on 1911 pistols since 1977. Our custom handguns have won more pistol competitions and have been carried in more duty holsters than any other custom pistol brand. At Wilson Combat, only our most experienced Master Pistolsmiths perform customer gunsmithing, so we can assure your satisfaction with the finished product for life. As Wilson Combat is a true custom shop, some options may be available that are not listed in our Custom Gunsmithing rates. Please contact us for more information.
* We will not work on firearms that have been previously modified by anyone other than the Wilson Combat Custom Shop.
* We will not work on 1911s with barrels shorter than 4″ (Except for Wilson Combat Sentinel Models)
* Any and all work performed is up to the discretion of the Custom Shop Manager.
* Please do not send items not necessary for custom work. Example: Gun rugs or cases, bushing wrenches, magazines, etc.
* All weapons left in care of the shop are done so at your own risk.
* Due to Federal Regulations – customers’ firearms must be returned to the address from which they were received.
* If you have a change of address, written request for such change is required.
* If your firearm is shipped from an FFL dealer, it must be returned to the same FFL dealer.
* Minimum Custom Work order is $100. If work requested is under this amount, the invoice will be adjusted accordingly.
* If your firearm is being customized in a way that includes machining or mill work then you are required to purchase a refinish.
* Quoted lead times on custom work are approximations. We do our best to adhere to time frames but with all true firearm customizations, these times can vary. Please be patient while your custom work is completed as we are working diligently.
* We will perform custom gunsmithing work on most of the following manufacturer’s 1911 Pistols: Colt, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Kimber, Les Baer, Remington, Rugar, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield.
To send your firearm to Wilson Combat for Custom Work, you must first call Customer Service at 800-955-4856 to obtain an RMA # and Return Label. Firearms will not be accepted for Custom Work without the proper RMA and label.