1911 Custom Work
Wilson Combat has been performing World Class Custom Gunsmithing on 1911 pistols since 1977. Our custom handguns have won more pistol competitions and have been carried in more duty holsters than any other custom pistol brand. At Wilson Combat, only our most experienced Master Pistolsmiths perform customer gunsmithing, so we can assure your satisfaction with the finished product for life. As Wilson Combat is a true custom shop, some options may be available that are not listed in our Custom Gunsmithing rates. Please contact us for more information.
Customize Your Existing Gun
Wilson Combat has been performing World Class Custom Gunsmithing on 1911 pistols since 1977. We offer a variety of options that cover almost every possibility you could want. Get your dream gun today! Please contact us for more information.
*Until Further Notice We Are Only Accepting Wilson Combat 1911’s and X9’s for 1911 Customization
ARMOR-TUFF™ Protective Firearms Finish was developed specifically for firearms use to provide a non-reflective tactical surface finish with optimum corrosion protection, abrasion resistance and enhanced lubricity. The low curing temperature prevents parts from damage such as warping during the finishing process. A firearm finished with ARMOR-TUFF™ has the most durable, chemical and heat resistant, thermally cured firearm finish available.
Other finish options are hand-finished deluxe blue, case color hardened, or in matte, brushed or satin stainless steel.
TRUE ZERO OPTIC
We have carefully selected the best miniature red dots sights currently available for tactical or competition shooting. This wide selection of top-quality sights in combination with our precise machining, installation and testfire ensures you get a perfect sight installation on your pistol, tailored to your individual shooting needs.
You now have the chance to order a custom built Wilson Combat 1911-style handgun with spectacular hand engraving applied by a Master Engraver in a fraction of the usual delivery time!
We are honored to work with award-winning engraving artist Wayne D’Angelo on this new custom firearm option. D’Angelo is one of the world’s foremost firearm engraving artists and his attention to detail is legendary. He is the former chief engraver for Smith and Wesson and contract engraver for Colt firearms. Wayne’s renowned scroll engraving adorns many collectible and rare firearms all over the world.
Wilson Combat offers three levels of classically-styled engraving coverage and also the option to add the owner’s initials. D’Angelo’s hand engraving can be applied to stainless steel or blued steel firearms only (not Armor-Tuff®), and can be ordered as an option on new orders or those orders that have not yet started the build process.
Please consult a member of our customer service team for more details.
Custom Laser Engraving
We also offer a custom and personalized laser engraving. Many customers get a unit insignia or company logo. Please consult a member of our customer service team for more details. Personalized engraving requires 100% up front payment at the time of order.
* We will not work on firearms that have been previously modified by anyone other than the Wilson Combat Custom Shop.
* We will not work on 1911’s with barrels shorter than 4″ (Except Wilson Combat Models)
* Any and all work performed is up to the discretion of the Custom Shop Manager.
* Please do not send items not necessary for custom work. Example: Gun rugs or cases, bushing wrenches, magazines, etc.
* All weapons left in care of the shop are done so at your own risk.
* Due to Federal Regulations – customers’ firearms must be returned to the address from which they were received.
* If you have a change of address, written request for such change is required.
* If your firearm is shipped from an FFL dealer, it must be returned to the same FFL dealer.
* Minimum Custom Work order is $100. If work requested is under this amount, the invoice will be adjusted accordingly.
* If your firearm is being customized in a way that includes machining or mill work then you are required to purchase a refinish.
* Quoted lead times on custom work are approximations. We do our best to adhere to time frames but with all true firearm customizations, these times can vary. Please be patient while your custom work is completed as we are working diligently.
* We will perform custom gunsmithing work on most of the following manufacturer’s 1911 Pistols: Colt, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Kimber, Les Baer, Remington, Rugar, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield.
To send your firearm to Wilson Combat for Custom Work, you must first call Customer Service at 800-955-4856 to obtain an RMA # and Return Label. Firearms will not be accepted for Custom Work without the proper RMA and label.