Wilson Combat MRDS Offered
We have carefully selected the best miniature red dots sights currently available for tactical or competition shooting. This wide selection of top-quality sights in combination with our precise machining, installation and testfire ensures you get a perfect sight installation on your pistol, tailored to your individual shooting needs.
Any existing Wilson Combat 1911/EDC X9 with 463/TAB/Lo-Mount style rear sight can be converted to the True Zero system. (Handguns equipped with the 428 adjustable or Bo-Mar style cut cannot be converted at this time)
The True Zero mounting plate with our unique, windage adjustable, suppressor height rear sight and new front sight will allow you to achieve a perfectly co-witnessed zero between your optical dot and your iron sights.
The True Zero attachment method allows for easy interchange between various red dot systems just by changing the plate. The hardened steel plate’s self-leveling geometry ensures your optic is level and provides a more rugged interface that will return to zero when removed and replaced-every single time.
Call us to convert your 1911 today with the True Zero Handgun Optic System from Wilson Combat. The True Zero Handgun Optic system can be added to most new Wilson Combat 1911 or Glock pistol orders from Wilson Combat or can be machined as a Wilson Combat custom shop service on your existing handgun. The True Zero installation requires slide machining, gunsmith installation and slide refinishing.
- Improved shooting ability in rapid and slow fire
- Faster Aiming in low light
- Improved performance for shooters with impaired vision
- Better precision at extended range
- Enables a target focused sight picture
- Similar red dot sight picture as a tactical carbine
- Decreased training time for novice shooters
- Improved hits under stress shooting one handed and weak handed
- Tailor the optic to the role. For precision target shooting, 2.5 MOA is better than 8 MOA. For compact carry guns, 6-8 MOA is a good choice while most shooters prefer 3-6 MOA on full-size guns. If your vision is impaired, 6-8 MOA may be a better choice for you than 2.5-3.25 MOA.
- Change Your Battery Annually. Even though these sights will often go 2-5 years without requiring battery replacement it is a best practice to change your batteries annually and keep your lens clean with a non-abrasive cleaner that is designed for coated lenses.
- Practice with your MRDS in bad weather and/or “extreme conditions”. You may find wet/cold/dusty conditions impair your sight’s utility. Some shooters successfully use anti-fog eyeglass products in conditions that can fog your glass.
- Practice using your backup iron sights in case of MRDS failure.
- Shooters with heavy astigmatism will find better results with larger dot sizes.
- MRDS installation may require a new holster for your pistol.
*MRDS installations are only available for new custom Wilson Combat 1911 orders or as a custom upgrade to a customer’s existing Wilson Combat 1911 or Glock handgun. Customer supplied 1911’s must have a fixed rear sight with a similar dovetail as the Wilson 463/Battlesight/Novak Lo-Mount dovetail.
*MRDS installations require slide refinishing after installation. Service not available for 1911 style pistols with adjustable rear sights.
*All sight warranty must be handled by the respective manufacturer. All of the sights we have selected are extremely rugged but like any battery powered optical device, they can malfunction or fail. Wilson Combat does not offer warranty service for any optical sight we sell.
DISCLAIMER: “GLOCK” is a federally registered trademark of GLOCK, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. Neither Wilson Combat, nor this site are affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. The use of “GLOCK” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of GLOCK pistols, parts, or components. For genuine GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.m.b.H products and parts visit www.glock.com.