Base Price: $4,085 (.45 ACP) | $4,185 (9mm)
The Wilson Combat EXPERIOR series handguns are a unique blend of classic 1911 design with modern reliability and ergonomic enhancements that optimize overall handling and shooting performance.
The EXPERIOR lineup takes the lead as the most fully-optioned series we offer, showcasing nearly every tactical, functional and cosmetic option as a standard feature.
The foundation of every EXPERIOR pistol is our in-house produced match-grade slide, frame and barrel all perfectly machined and hand-fitted by our skilled gunsmiths for a lifetime of top performance. The EXPERIOR retains traditional 1911-style slide serrations, fixed Wilson Combat battle sights, and the classic 1911 extractor design to achieve a look that honors tradition but retains high performance.
All EXPERIOR models feature the new Wilson Combat TRAK grip texture-a hybrid, large asymmetric, flat-top checkering pattern that offers an exceptional, non-abrasive grip without snagging on cover garments. The TRAK grip pattern on the frame and grips offers unprecedented comfort while enhancing recoil control.
All single stack EXPERIOR models feature WAVE frame rail clearance cuts for lower friction operation in adverse environments. The WAVE clearance cuts hold lubrication and ensure that your pistol will smoothly cycle even when caked with excessive fouling, sand or grit. A new EXPERIOR barrel locking lug design on the 9mm models has a reduced forward locking surface to further enhance cycling in adverse conditions or with reduced power loads without sacrificing accuracy or durability.
Single stack EXPERIOR models are available in 9mm and .45 ACP calibers in a variety of sizes from a 6” long slide variant, 5” traditional Full Size, 4.25” Commander, 4” Compact and the smallest 1911 handgun we build, the 3.5” barrel Sentinel (9mm only).
9mm Double Stack EXPERIOR models compatible with the proven reliability of the high capacity EDC X9 magazine will be offered in 5” Full Size, 4.25” Commander and 4” Compact slide versions.
A series of exceptional defensive handguns, designed by experts and loaded with custom features that offer superior aesthetics and performance-That is EXPERIOR.
*Photos may include features and/or upgrades not included in the base price.
- Available Calibers: .45 ACP, 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 8 rounds (.45 ACP), 10 rounds (9mm)
- Barrel Length: 4”
- Overall Length: 7.6”
- Sight Radius: 5.6”
- Height: 5.6”
- Width: 1.3”
- Weight Empty: 38.2 oz
- Weight Loaded: 44.1 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yds
*Photos may include features and/or upgrades not included in the base model and price.
*Weights shown are close approximations. Due to slight variations in all parts and/or custom option deviations, we cannot guarantee the weight to be 100% specific on any firearm.
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Firearms will be invoiced at prevailing prices at time of delivery.
*Due to the current unprecedented demand for our firearms, some components may be substituted in order to complete your firearm in a more timely manner.
- Thumb Safety
- Professional-Size Carbon Steel Frame with WAVE Cut Rails
- TRAK Texture on Frontstrap/Mainspring Housing
- High Grip Frame Modification
- Bullet Proof® Round Butt Magazine Well
- Concealment Bullet Proof® Beavertail Grip Safety and Hammer
- Tactical Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
- 3 1/2# – 4 1/2# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Pad
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Black G10 TRAK Pattern Grips with Pewter Medallions
- Countersunk Slide Stop
- 4” Carbon Steel Slide
- Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight
- 4” Stainless Match Grade Cone Barrel with Lowered Front Locking Lug*, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Wide Rear Cocking Serrations
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
*Just for 9mm
LEARN ABOUT YOUR 1911
Free access to all owner's manuals can be found in the information tab located in the navigation menu above.